The June 2009 episode of The Family Tree Magazine P0dcast has just been published and includes:
- upcoming genealogy events—just in time for summer conference season
- options for hiring genealogists to help with research tasks big and small
- ways to genealogically capitalize on family reunions
- what’s new at Swedish data site Genline
- the truth behind heraldic myths
This is a fave episode of mine because I got to chat with professional genealogist Sharon DeBartolo Carmack who did quite a bit of myth-busting about heraldry.
And just in time for those summer family reunions author Sunny Morton dishes up some terrific ideas (to go along with the potato salad!) for cultivating genealogical information while nurturing relationships.
What are some of your favorite ways to coax family history from your relatives at family reunions?