Friday, August 7, 2009

Why Genealogists Should Blog and How To Do It


I've had so much fun bringing genealogy bloggers like The Footnote Maven, Denise Levenick and Schelly Talalay Dardashti to you on the Family History: Genealogy Made Easy podcast (Episodes 38 & 39) These bloggers have shared some great advice and experience that only seasoned bloggers can.

So why should a genealogist blog?

In Episode 40 genealogy blogger Amy Coffin of the We Tree blog provides a solid answer to that question. Amy shares her blog post called "Another Jones Surprise - or Why Genealogists Should Blog." After hearing this I guarantee you will want to get started.

But just how do you get started blogging, you may ask?

Well, I have a quick and easy and best of all FREE answer for you in Episode 40 just published today. I will walk you through one blogging option step-by-step. By the end of Episode 40 you will have a blog up and running. Then keep an "ear" out next Friday for Episode 41 where we finish up the process and you publish your first post.

The episode is designed so that you can literally sit at your computer and listen as I hold your hand through each step. And as a back up, I have the instructions for you in the episode show notes.

I hope you'll give blogging a try. And if you do, be sure and send me your new blog address because I'm going to be featuring listener's newly created blogs in an upcoming episode and sending readers your way!

Take a moment now to hear from geneablogger Thomas MacEntee...


No comments: